Need to warm up your home?
With winter here, if you haven't already bought the home essential, now is the time.
Here's a few tips for creating that cosy and welcoming home environment to help keep the warmth in and the cold out.
1. First and foremost, buy yourself a good quality rug! This can be placed under your sofa, dining table or bed frame. This will add textured layering, softness underfoot and keep the cold floor at bay.
2. A fabric sofa and armchairs. The best decision ever! Offers a sense of luxury, very cosy, warm in winter in comparison to a leather sofa which can be cold and unwelcoming depending on style..?
3. Layering cushions. Yes.. They really make or break a space and do serve a purpose. Apart from looking good they do allow us to rest easy.
4. A throw rug. Throws are really handy on the sofa. Not only for those cold nights, so you dont have to get off the couch, but adds colour and texture for decorating.
5. Lighting. All lights create different moods. Choose an ambient light, such as a floor or table lamp with a shade and a warm white globe. This will create a glow and be perceived as warmth.
6. Letting the light in. Adding mirrors to your hallway, bedroom and or living areas can really bounce the light around. The lighter your interiors are during the day the more the space will heat up. So open up your blinds and flood the rooms.
7. Timber is also perceived as a warm colour. Go for warmer tones in your home. This could be a timber dining table, TV unit, buffet or even a Master bed. Or if it's purely seasonal for you, go for accessories; rust, clay and coppers in your art, cushions and accessories mixed with ecru, warm greys and whites. Now on trend and forever in our sights, these colours and timber furniture can really make your home special.
Call into one of our showrooms to view all our products to create the perfect winter escape.